Sportsmail has learned that the French manufacturers have concluded that their fractious relationship with the Red Bull team has run its course, and will no longer supply them with engines from 2019.
Daniel Ricciardo put on a dazzling display under the floodlights to go fastest ahead of teammate Max Verstappen, as Red Bull laid down a marker on the opening day of Singapore Grand Prix practice yesterday.
However, an announcement on Fernando Alonso's future at McLaren is likely to be delayed beyond the weekend, with the final dotting of i's still to be concluded.
The video, which is gaining traction online, amassed over 1.4 million views, 31k reactions, 7.8k shares and 5.8k comments at the time of writing.
This follows the launch of Red Bull's recent Singlish challenge video, where the duo attempted to guess phrases such as "catch no ball", "kan cheong spider" and "fly aeroplane".
The Singapore Grand Prix is set to stay on the Formula One calendar until 2021, the sport and race organisers confirmed yesterday, after agreeing a four-year contract extension.
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel arrives for practice at the Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore this week. Source Reuters Edgar Su
The Australian driver, who has been dubbed one of the most talented drivers in the world, will come out of contract at the end of 2017 and has threatened to walk away from the Red Bull team if it signs a deal to use Honda powertrains.
"Dietrich wants the team to be competitive".
He has arrived this year after six podiums in the last nine races.
"I'm very glad that all the parties concerned have been able to agree on commercial terms for an extension as Formula One and, I believe, Singapore have been good for each other", Minister for Trade and Industry S Iswaran told reporters at the Marina Bay street circuit.
The venue's tight twists are expected to play to Ferrari and Red Bull's strengths but while the Milton Keynes-based squad shone yesterday, their Italian rivals were more inconspicuous. "There's going to be people you don't like but you just work with them and do your job". The current F1 regulations will end its cycle in 2020.
Daniel Ricciardo did win three races that opening year with the newer engines, but the rest of the time, MGU failures caused many non-finishes.
"We fortunately cleared the air then and there".
- May mantiene la alerta terrorista en nivel "grave" tras atentado en Londres
- Emery: Summer duo fit the bill
- Tormenta José cerca de amenzar el noreste de EEUU
- Saldo blanco en ceremonias del Grito de Independencia en las 46 municipios
- Corea del Norte realiza lanzamiento de misil que sobrevuela a Japón
- Zidane: "Queremos que Gareth Bale haga más; necesita tiempo…"
- Allegri slams Juventus poor defending against Barcelona — Angry boss
- I Was 'Dumbfounded' By Comey's Intervention — Clinton
- TNT transmitirá por primera vez la ceremonia de los Emmy Awards
- Gobierno de Venezuela exige a oposición reconocer Constituyente