Vettel, who trails Hamilton by three points in this year's drivers' standings, has enjoyed tremendous success on the Marina Bay street circuit and will be looking for a fifth victory in what will be the 10th running of the race.
It was widely believed that Singapore Grand Prix will end for good this year due to declining interest and attendance, as well as complaints of disrupted business due to extensive traffic restrictions in the city due to the event.
If their car is truly superior to the W08 EQ Power+ on circuits where downforce is heavily leant upon, then it won't be just Singapore at which Ferrari must excel; but in Malaysia, Austin and Abu Dhabi too. "It's important that we keep that for tomorrow but I have faith that we can perform on this level all weekend".
There were few smiles at Mercedes, with the champions arriving in Singapore fearing it would be a tough weekend but secretly hoping for better.
Another disappointment on Sunday in Singapore, the 14th of 20 races and the unofficial start of the title run-in, would deflate optimism of Ferrari's first world title in a decade. Even though I was quickest, I knew we could go better with the set-up. The race has been won from pole position on seven occasions.
"We improved it from the morning. They're rapid through the medium and low speed sections of the circuits". Who will be in the leader heading into Malaysia? The first sector was very close between everyone, with Räikkönen and Vettel coming out on top.
Verstappen added: "It is promising, but a shame we couldn't put it on pole". It was a bit of a struggle to get there, but we did it.
Speaking after clinching pole, Vettel said: "I don't know [where that time came from]".
Ericsson recovered to the pits in search of a new rear wing, but the marshals needed just under 10 minutes to sweep away the debris from the accident. McLaren will switch to Renault engines starting next season while Honda will partner with Red Bullowned Toro Rosso, who are currently powered by the French manufacturer.
"The start is an opportunity, strategy is an opportunity, safety cars".
- Copa Davis: Perú pierde sus dos partidos en inicio de la serie
- Maduro invita al pueblo a participar en elecciones del 15 de octubre
- Las impresionantes imágenes del nuevo estadio del Atlético de Madrid
- Agüero pide pista: hat trick para el Manchester City
- [VIDEO] Millonario fichaje del Barcelona se lesionó en una jugada intrascendente
- IDF arrests 2 Palestinians for crossing into Israel from Gaza
- Islas Vírgenes americanas niegan entrada a evacuados no estadounidenses
- Zidane lo reconoce: "necesitamos a Cristiano". Les espera la invicta Real Sociedad
- Semifinales al rojo en Copa Davis
- Declararon 15 gendarmes y aún no hay pistas firmes de Maldonado