"We know that these are complicated issues, but my main message is we are hopeful we will continue to engage because it's a basic right of families to know the whereabouts of their loved ones and we will continue to engage with all sides", Maurer told i24NEWS in an interview.
The Mufti of Al-Aqsa Mosque Sheikh Ekrema Sabri said yesterday that teaching Israeli books in the Palestinian schools in occupied Jerusalem is "haram", the Palestinian Information Centre reported.
Since IDF soldier Gilad Shalit was released in 2011 in exchange for 1,027 Palestinian prisoners, senior government ministers have cooled on the idea of prisoner swaps.
The Sheikh reiterated that the Israeli occupation's aggression against Al-Aqsa Mosque has never stopped and stressed that no particle of sand of Al-Aqsa Mosque is negotiable.
IDF arrests 2 Palestinians for crossing into Israel from Gaza
He did not give details about the planned closures in October, or the closure of Erez Crossing, the only passage for people in Gaza.
Residents of Gaza occasionally cross the border into Israel, and are generally unarmed. "I made it very clear and we want to see that we can enlarge the cooperation with the authorities in order to bring better results to the families [of missing Israelis]".
Last month, two unarmed Palestinians were apprehended after crossing the border, and in July three were scooped up in similar circumstances. They offer privileges to those who teach it to out pupils.
- Lacazette not in same class as Chelsea striker Morata — Arsenal hero
- Haré de Edomex uno de los estados más seguros: Alfredo del Mazo
- Google Hit With Gender Pay Discrimination Suit
- Cambiemos se reúne en Parque Norte para afinar la estrategia electoral
- Formula One: Testing time awaits Lewis Hamilton
- Trump blindsides his party with Democratic 'Dreamer deal'
- Donald Trump: Descertificará a Colombia si no controla cultivos ilícitos
- Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata reveals why he had to quit Real Madrid
- Discusión entre Bogotá y Washigton por aumento de cultivos ilícitos
- Authorization for Iraq, Afghanistan Wars Averts Challenge