Earlier on Saturday, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe declared the state of emergency as thousands of white nationalists, neo-Confederates and right-wing protesters clashed during the "Unite the Right" demonstrations, Xinhua reported.
Mr Signer told the same programme that the killing of a 32-year-old woman when a car rammed into a group of people demonstrating against the white supremacists was a "terrorist attack with a car used as a weapon".
President Donald Trump also reacted but was criticized for not directly calling out groups who supported bigotry at the rally.
Vanguard America, via Twitter, says that Fields is not a member and that the shield he was holding was one of many "freely handed out to anyone in attendance".
"White nationalists, white supremacists, they're not a part of anybody's base. And if he doesn't do that, you're going to see inertia and you're going to see this resistance from more of the establishment senators that he needs to curry favor with".
The alt-right rally, possibly the largest gathering of white nationalists in recent years, was called to protest the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee from the former Lee Park, since renamed Emancipation Park. The Charlottesville City Council also voted unanimously to give police the power to enact a curfew. People scream and run as it drives rapidly down the street.
"The shocking violence in Charlottesville - and the abhorrent ideology behind it - have no place in America or anywhere in the world", Garcetti said.
House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) tweeted: "The views fueling the spectacle in Charlottesville are repugnant". "It's been going on for a long time in our country".
The leaders of All Saints Church in Pasadena announced a special prayer vigil Saturday evening to proclaim "solidarity against white supremacy".
- Lazio se adueño de la Supercopa italiana
- Mauro Giallombardo sufrió un accidente en la Ruta 40
- El ABC de las PASO en la República Argentina
- La Play Store ahora más segura
- Madrid vence al Barça con golazos, expulsaron a CR7 (1-3)
- Trump advierte a norcorea: EEUU tiene soluciones "cargadas"
- Afirma experta que la crisis norcoreana no se puede solucionar militarmente
- "Aún no descarto ir a Boca" — Gonzalo Jara
- Tom Cruise sufrió accidente en grabación de "Misión Imposible 6"
- Más de 500 mdd para misiles de defensa iraní