He tolerated Duke's support as a candidate and evinced no intention of shirking him now, with blood in the streets. One of the reasons he's talked about alongside greats like Muhammad Ali and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is his social activism. Not as wrought by organizers who included ex-Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke, who said the event served "to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump".
Trump never uttered a word in his remarks and tweets about the nature of the march, the source of provocation that by Saturday's end had also left two police officers dead in a helicopter crash.
After a rally at a city park was dispersed, a car bearing an Ohio license plate drove into a crowd, killing a 32-year old woman, injuring at least 19 more.
At such a crucial juncture in history we look to our president to put things in perspective and on behalf of the public condemn racism and intolerance in no uncertain terms.
Trump has played with friends, famous people (including golfers Rory McIlroy and Ernie Els) and for political and diplomatic purposes. Meanwhile, Donald Trump golfs in New Jersey and stays silent.
Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren took a similar stance, tweeting to the presidents personal Twitter handle: "How can @realDonaldTrump can show whose side he's on?"
In response to Trump condemning "this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides", former vice president Joe Biden tweeted: "There is only one side".
- El Incucai habilitó una línea telefónica para decir "soy donante"
- Cuáles son los documentos válidos para votar en las PASO
- Vidal dijo que esta elección "más que una obligación es una oportunidad"
- Mueren 15 personas tras explosión en Pakistán
- Argentinos eligen este domingo a diputados y senadores en primarias legislativas
- Los Leones golearon otra vez y ya están en la gran final
- A partir de las 21 se conocerán los primeros resultados oficiales — Paso
- El italiano Andrea Dovizioso conquistó el GP de Austria en MotoGP
- Rusia no quiere una Corea del Norte nuclear
- Randazzo: "Hubiéramos querido que pudiera votar Santiago Maldonado"