Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, and other members of the alt-right clashed with counter-protesters Friday night at the University of Virginia ahead of what the Southern Poverty Law Center says could be the "largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States", CNN reports.
"I am heartbroken that a life has been lost here".
"I want to urge my fellow Virginians who may consider joining either in support or opposition to the planned rally to make alternative plans", he said.
Details of the other two deaths were not immediately released.
As white nationalists - many reportedly from out of town - gathered Friday evening and Saturday morning, so, too, did counter-protesters.
A Virginia State Police helicopter crashed Saturday in central Virginia, killing a pilot and passenger.
Right-wing blogger Jason Kessler had called for what he termed a "pro-white" rally to protest the city of Charlottesville's decision to remove the confederate statue from a downtown park. Downs didn't have word on their conditions.
Pyke said there were national guard and state police on the scene, but there was no official comment yet on the number of injured or whether the driver of the grey sedan had been found.
Shocking video shows the moment a vehicle speed down a Charlottesville, Va., street, hit a group of protesters and sped off. The sports auto rams into the back of a silver convertible, which hits the van in front of it.
Several hours earlier, prior to the report of the auto into the crowd, Gardner also tweeted about the hatred shown had no place in our country. As the sports vehicle retreats, a red athletic shoe falls off the bumper.
"The president was condemning hatred, bigotry and violence from all sources and all sides", a White House official said. They have nothing to do with President Donald Trump's victory last November, which occurred because white swing voters in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin who previously voted for Barack Obama twice went for Donald Trump this time. "It's been going on for a long, long time".
Video taken earlier in the afternoon show crowds walking down a street as several cars move slowly along the same avenue.
The far-right group took to the streets in the Virginian city to complain that white history was being erased from America's identity.
- Nike planea retirar patrocinio a Rafa Márquez tras acusaciones
- Eduardo Lobos frustra a Universidad Católica en vibrante partido
- Mauricio Vergara aceptó ante juzgado cargos imputados por el escándalo de Odebrecht
- Pachuca sorprendió a Tigres
- Moto X4 leaks again with a glass body and mid-range specifications
- Mientras James Rodríguez se recupera, Bayern Múnich golea en la Copa Alemania
- Salma Hayek Has Perfected the Steamy Swimsuit Pose
- Apple's (AAPL) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Mizuho
- Mueren 60 niños por negligencia médica en la India
- Motorola sends out invites for August 24 event; Moto X4 in Question